Callaway “Honker” systems provide significantly reduced airpath restriction to allow more airflow and increased horsepower. Using advanced inlet air management engineering techniques, the Honker design outperformed all other systems tested . . . 26% more airflow than the factory C5 system and 34% more airflow than the factory C6 system! The important point: Any modification that increases horsepower (i.e., cylinder heads, camshaft, headers, exhaust, etc.) needs the higher airflow capacity of the Honker.
Consider the features:
• CAD-designed contours and smooth internal surface engineered to maximize laminar flow.
• Design directs cooler, denser inlet air from outside of engine compartment.
• C5 system eliminates restrictive “air bridge”, close-couples MAFS to throttle body.
• Superior quality ducting attaches to OEM mounting locations at top of radiator support.
• OEM-grade polymer remains unaffected by under-hood temperature excursions.
• Low-restriction filter element is washable and reusable for reliable service.
• Retains all OEM engine management sensors and actuators.
• Premium quality hardware used throughout for extended durability.
C6 dyno testing verified the airflow test results, resulting in an increase of 16.5 rwhp on an otherwise-stock LS3. At the drag strip, simply bolting a Honker into a stock C6 coupe dropped its 1/4-mile ET by three full tenths and increased top speed by 2 mph. The results are even more dramatic with C5’s. On a completely stock LS1, the Honker increased power by 18 bhp! In a stock 2003 Z06, 1/4 mile elapsed time was reduced by three tenths. Callaway’s Honker systems include CAD-designed air inlet duct, low restriction, washable and reusable air filter element, sturdy filter element housing, and all required hardware for easy installation.