The Chevrolet Performance Windage Trays and Accessories are designed to keep the oil in the pan, away from the crankshaft to keep harmful, horsepower robbing windage from occurring. Windage is a force created on an object by friction when there is relative movement between the object and the cause of friction. In a wet sump oil system windage is created when oil splashes from the oil pan against the crankshaft causing parasitic drag. Windage may also inhibit the migration of oil into the sump and back to the oil pump, creating lubrication problems. These components are designed to greatly reduce or eliminate the effects of windage in your high performance engine!
- GM Part # 12558189 – 1997-2013 LS1 / LS2 / LS3 / LS6 C5 & C6 Corvette, wet sump, & 2004-2006 GTO, deflector
- 1997-2004 LS1 / LS6 Chevrolet Corvette C5
- 2004-2006 LS1 / LS2 Pontiac GTO
- 2005-2013 LS2 / LS3 Chevrolet Corvette C6
- All GM LS-series engines with using the LS1 / LS2 / LS3 Corvette wet sump oil pan or 2004-2006 GTO oil pan